Sunday, July 11, 2010

Updates!

Some big things have been happing with my DJing lately. A local Indiana promoter, Turtle Matt is throwing a festival in Muncie. I don't have very many details at the moment but he wants me to play and I'm super excited.But if you want a presale ticket hit me up on FB or email me at Technics120037@yahoo.com. And for those of you know don't know, 3 rivers festival is going on right as I'm typing this. Which means it's time for Flow! A free all ages event going on @ CS3. 1915 Calhoun Street. Saturday july 17th starting at noon to 2 am. I play 3-4. So excited to be able to see some older more experienced DJs throw down hard. And finally the 23rd is coming up real quick. I have flyers and I've been putting them all around. You will not want to miss this! And I'm playing peak hour!

It's awesome having a job so I can buy sweet things further more helping my DJ skills. I just bought these bad boys:

Photobucket

Right now all I can basically say is wow! When I first started DJing I had a pair of Gemini cans, they had about zero isolation and just general overall poor quality. But now since I'm actually *mixing* tracks I figured it was a good time to sink some cash into a good pair of headphones. When I tell people that I spent the amount of money that I did they automatically think I'm crazy but when you're a DJ, it's a very worthy buy. If you can get over the hefty price tag, and snag a pair for yourself. It's totally worth it. And with Pioneer you know you're getting a quality piece of equipment. I read plenty of reviews and seen all the promo videos about these headphones and one feature that was expressed so strongly that doesn't really live up to how great they said it was is the removable XLR cable. Only in that it really doesn't remove as easily as expected. And I can see if wearing out over time, but it's no big cause I don't need to remove it every time I have a gig. but It would be nice. but what is good about the feature is that you can replace the cable it ever needed. I could go into a lengthy review but there are about a million other ones done by better DJs that have better technical know how. I just know I love these things. One last thing is at my work I can listen to headphones all day, 9 hours. So I'm wearing these just about 9 hours straight and they are comfortable the whole time: THE BEST.

Photobucket



I hope to see everyone at the upcoming events!!

No comments:

Post a Comment